Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Soldier Behind Me

Well, this is not really EVP, but more of a feeling than anything else.

It was a dark and windy night last night. I'm in new digs and things are already strange to me as I get used to the new house that has lot's of solid surfaces and can create some very interesting sounds all on it's own.

But last night I was taking a break and playing "Pearl Harbor" at Yahoo Games when I swear to you there was a man standing over my left shoulder watching me play. For the whole half hour I felt someone behind me and kept turning to see if one of the dogs had somehow managed to get into my room.

It was windy, and I was quick to blame it on the wind. I felt a presence, but you know how it is, you want to think it's the wind.

Well, me being who I am, I quickly shut all the windows to eliminate that possibility. I checked the area for things that might feel or sound like a person. Then I put my headphones on and went back to playing the game.

Sure enough, there is still at least one and sometimes it felt like two, people watching me. I swear you could feel them get excited as the Jap planes fell from the sky from my "expert" ;) gunnery skills with those rather large anti-aircraft guns you get to shoot in that game.

So, not really EVP and after a recent move and upgrade to winXP, I was not ready to whip out my recording stuff to see if these gentlemen had any advice for me.

I figured perhaps they had been there and could give me some pointers! But instead I decided if they wanted to watch, they were welcomed to tag along. It did seem like they were having more fun than I was!

No comments: